Wednesday, November 12, 2008

COUNTDOWN!

Okay...so the countdown has officially begun. I go back to work in 12 days. I'm excited and sad about that at the very same time. I feel like I am just getting to know Madelyn and she's just beginning to show some personality--this makes me sad. Also, the fact that my daycare lady will actually be spending more time with my kids than me during the week just rips at my heart!
However, I am excited to get back into some kind of a routine. It's amazing how little I actually get done when I have nothing to do! But when I'm so busy and running around like a chicken I seem to accomplish so much! Does this happen to anyone else? I really do miss my students...really. I miss my teacher friends. And believe it or not, I miss having a routine.
I think Brent is a bit nervous for me to go back to work. This means that he will have to help out with laundry....middle of the night wake up calls....organizing and cleaning house....getting 2 kids to daycare every morning!
I'll adjust...Brent will adjust...and so will the kids. Though I'm sure after 3 days of work I'll be ready for another maternity leave! As for now, I am going to enjoy every minute of my last 12 days...

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I am SOOOOO there with you! I also go back in 12 days and am both happy and sad about it. The good part for you is that you like your job :)