Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grandma Snyder


This post is dedicated to my Grandma- Virginia Mae Snyder (passed away September 15, 2008).

Grandma lived for 87 wonderful years. She was born in Hadley, Michigan on April 20, 1921. She was a wonderful Christian woman, who loved her church family and was active in many activities. She loved her family more than anything and was so proud of her children and grandchildren. Grandma never missed an event--graduations, weddings, birthday parties, etc. She made it everywhere! In her last years, she mostly enjoyed sitting in the background just watching and listening to all the fun and laughter! I was always impressed by what she could do at her age. She learned to e-mail in her 80s! Those were some of my favorite messages when almost the entire e-mail message was in the subject line! Grandma gave strength to those around her even though she never felt she was strong herself.

Grandma- I am so excited for you to be with the Lord! I know that you are up in Heaven smooching on Grandpa! I cannot wait for the day when we can be reunited again. Until then, I want to follow in your footsteps...I promise to be the best mother to your great-grandchildren and the best daughter to your daughter. I also promise to live my life like you did yours....Following and loving God with all my heart and soul and devoting my life to my family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow......What a wonderful tribute! I am sure that you will be all that you hope to be--a loving wife, mother and daughter, because you already are all of that. Life gives us lots of treasures, and you are one of mine. And now, you have given me two more treasures--Ben and Maddy.

Love,

Dad